Monday, May 12, 2008

Saturday's plans

This past weekend was filled with exciting events! We started Saturday morning off with Jeff's lacrosse game. While the team played an absolutely awesome game, we still came up short. HOWEVER, I do have news to report. Our little Jeff scored the last goal of the game! This is where I kick myself for not bringing the video camera. The other team had just had a penalty called on them so we were man up for 1 minute (slashing). Jeff started with the ball at midfield, ran straight down the middle of the field towards the goal, made some amazing twist, moves, turns and threw the hardest shot I've ever seen him throw...WOO HOO, Jeff SCORES! It was fantastic! Jeff and I celebrated afterwards by going out to lunch.
During Jeff's game the Phils went to see IronMan. Seemed to be a good movie but they didn't have much to say other than they liked it.
We finished cleaning the house, got ready for the babysitter who arrived at 6pm, and Phil and I went out to dinner....We were SO disappointed! If you checked out the link in the previous posting you would have noticed that the restaurant portrays itself to be a "fine dining experience" and is supposed to be business (casual) dress. Well since I never get to dress up anymore I figured I wanted to look cute so Phil and I both got dressed in pants and nice shirts...when we got there there were people in raggy jeans, shorts, and flip flops! Then they sat us in a back room with a wedding party that was absolutely obnoxious and it took 1 HOUR for our food to get to the table. I felt like it was part Hells Kitchen, part Hidden Camera! To add insult to injury, Phil's porter house steak was maybe 1/4" thick and my salmon was RAW! I didn't know they served sushi! LOL, I just have to laugh about the last part...to "make up" for their mistake they offered to give us a dessert on the house. Well little did we know we were going to receive someone elses leftovers...they brought us the creme brule and the plate said "congrats" on it! LOL oh man - needless to say we'll never be eating there again!

No comments: