Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a great mother's day! We couldn't decide whether to go to the botanical gardens, the zoo, or do something else. While Phil was mowing the lawn I was reading the local magazine and found a blurb about a state park near our house and suggested we go hiking. When Phil got back from the gym (yes, after he mowed, edged, and trimmed the yard he went to the gym!) we headed for Amicalola Falls. Holy cow it was GORGEOUS...now when we went into the visitor's center we were told by one of the guides to go up the "easy" route and come back down the stairs...yea well of course we got off course and ended up walking UP the 604...yes, you read the right...604 STAIRS! I about died! and I'm not talking spread out, gradual incline, I'm talking steps UP...but the results were so worth almost passing out. Check out the amazing pictures Phil took below...and yes, that's a snake. I think it's called at Rat Snake but I could be wrong...thanks guys for the fantastic mom's day! Oh, have to mention before the pictures that when we got home I was served a steak dinner with broccoli and baked potato and we had apple pie a la mode for dessert! YUMMY!










































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were QUEEN for a day. The pics are great.