Sunday, April 20, 2008

This weekend---I'm tired!

Wow, I honestly don't remember a more busy weekend recently. I think I tried to pack too much into one weekend and didn't even do 2 of the things I had planned to do! Friday night lil Phil spent the night at his friend Alexander's house. Since daddy's on call this weekend, Jeff and I went to watch the FSU vs. Clemson lacrosse game at a local high school. We got home around 10:15pm that night and headed straight for bed, we were beat but had a great time! Saturday morning Jeff had lacrosse pictures and then was "scheduled" to have his 3rd game of the season. Well apparently the coaches didn't quite agree to where the game was supposed to be held so we were at our field and they were at theirs. (Isn't this something that is supposed to be worked out before the season starts?) Anyway, we have enough players to make 2 teams so we had an inter-squad scrimmage. I guess watching those college guys the night before really influenced Jeff b/c he was on FIRE! After the U-11 game Jeff stayed to play with the U-9 team for a scrimmage also. Technically he's able to play for both teams since he turned 10 during the season. Jeff's team won 9-something (sorry other team) and Jeff scored 5 of the goals! Told you he was on fire! He was SO pumped and doing all sorts of moves I hadn't seem him do before. He's really getting the hang of this sport. So after the game I stopped by a local nursery and picked up 3 knockout rose bushes to plant in front of our AC units (photo below). They're babies right now but apparently get big enough to hide the units. I also made a run to Lowes (thank you mom for the suggestions) and got annuals and mulch for around the trees and to make a new garden around my mailbox. You can't see it too well but there's clematis connected to the bottom of the mailbox which will eventually wind up and around with beautiful pink and purple flowers. I'll take pictures in a few weeks when everything starts to develop. Oh so Saturday while I was planting away the boys were at Ben's house (Jeff's friend)...they ended up spending the night there so daddy and I hung out on the back porch. Jose (Cuervo) and I were great friends and I drank a 1/2 (large) bottle of margaritas last night...YUMMY! Today I finished the planting/mulching and I'm DONE (for this weekend anyway)!...Jeff, Phil, and I had planned to go to the Taste of Forsyth today at the fairgrounds to taste a lot of different foods and also go to the Division I lacrosse playoffs...neither of which we made...oh well, maybe next time! Ok, so here's the pictures.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have really been busy! It already looks better. Can't wait to see it growing. Good for you!

Congats to our lacrosse player!! Way to go, Jeff! That is so exciting. Keep us informed.

Luv,

Grandma & Grandpa