Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Trip

Well we're back from our relaxing visit with Grandma and Grandpa in North Carolina. It took us a little over 5 hours to get there on Thursday and about the same to get back, although it seemed much quicker on Sunday. We chilled out on Thursday then went to dinner at Outback (YUMMY!). Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for treating! Grandpa had a surprise for the guys on Friday...they all headed down early for a day of fishing! How fun! Unfortunately the only thing they caught was a 90 pound PP fish...yes, lil Phil decided to take a dive unexpectedly off the back of the boat while standing up on the edge..uh hellloooooo! Needless to say, everyone got a good laugh and daddy and Grandpa got a good laugh retelling it to Grandma and I later...Grandpa's new nickname for Phil is "Fish". While the boys were out causing havoc Grandma and I had our nails and feet done at a local nail place then went to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Later that evening we drove down to Myrtle Beach (that's where the boats are, yes plural) and had dinner with the guys and brought the kids and Phil back with us. Grandpa stayed on the big boat that night to clean it up.


The next day we hung out, ran some errands, then ate the most DELICIOUS ribs (compliments to the chef my wonderful hubby!), potato salad (thank you Grandma), and corn. After we let that settle (yea right) we celebrated Jeff's 10th birthday (again!) with cake and ice cream....and then more ice cream. :-)

Sunday we headed out around 8:15am and got back home a little before 2pm.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for a very nice weekend and we promise it won't be another year + before we come back!


Love you!
US




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed seeing all you guys! I saw the boys before Thanksgiving and I can't believe how much they've grown already. The ribs were Delicious. We really enjoyed them. Thanks, Phil!
Your car(s) are gorgeous. We are proud of you both.
I hope poor Phil isn't too traumatized by his fall overboard. I'm glad I wasn't there to see it. I probably would've laughed at my boys, but that would have scared me. I guess it's different with grandchildren.
Anyway, we were so glad you visited. I don't think I will be doing much traveling this summer but once this is all done I will be ready to go!
Love you guys,
Grandpa & Grandma