Sunday, April 6, 2008

I have a new Toy!

Well it started out as any other weekend..go to the Jeep dealership to get my car checked out, go to the Toyota dealership to have Phil's worked on (tires, oil, etc)..and what do you know, that's when the day just got a little more interesting. As some of you know, I have had my Jeep since the end of '02 (it's an 03 Jeep Liberty). It's getting old, getting small so I figured in the next year or so it would be traded in and I've been eying the Maxima or Avalon. Phil called the Avalon a "grandma car" but honestly, that's the size I wanted. lil Phil's knees dig in the back of my seat when I drive the Jeep! So anyway, we're waiting (2 1/2 hours!) at the Toyota dealership for his truck so Jeff and I venture out to look at the Avalons. These are very impressive cars...then I spot a Camry Hybrid..35 miles to the gallon, how awesome is that!? Oh, I should have told you that it was raining and nasty and the Phils had stayed inside to watch Sports Center while Jeff and I were looking at the cars...so anyway, we're starting to get hungry and we have to walk to get anywhere so we get the Phils, venture outside again, walk through the used car section and that's when he spots it..well them! There are 2 C230 Mercedes for sale - a 2007 black with some sort of sports package, dual exhaust, yada yada yada and a dark green 2005 Kompressor. Well of course you have to stop and LOOK at them, they're Mercedes! So we ohhhhhhh and ahhhhh over them then go grab lunch...after lunch I decided to take them for a spin :-)...first the black, then the green...ok, to make an already long story short, WE BOUGHT THE GREEN MERCEDES C230!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! I still can't believe I have a Mercedes in my garage, I really think that's going to take some getting used to. How I picture it working out is Phil will take it to work Mon/Wed/Fri (I want it on Tues/Thurs for Lacrosse) just to save on gas. It gets 34 mpg on the highway and that's what he drives so we'll be saving a ton over his Toyota Tacoma. I'll take some pictures today and add to the site...it's GORGEOUS! bye for now and love ya!

No comments: