Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update

Well I know it's been awhile since I've last "blogged" so I figured I better update everyone on what's been happening around here. It seems that the years are going by faster and faster these days...can you believe it's JULY already!? After we got back from mom and dad's house June just flew by. I can't even remember what we DID the rest of the month but that could be a function of my memory too LOL

Let's see...I've started playing softball and we had our first game on June 23rd which we lost. We'll say it was the first game jitters. Our second game was the following Monday (30th) and we won. This past Monday we had a double header and won the 1st game but they had to call the second due to storms (but we were ahead then too). I love playing again although I'm not nearly as in shape as high school...but then again who is besides Phil and Theresa!

For the 4th of July we went to the fairgrounds and watched the fireworks on the 3rd and had Chad come over to hang out with us on the 4th (minus Michelle and the boys - they're still in Florida). It rained from about 6-9:30 and then the guys lit off the fireworks. What a show..needless to say, the firefighter (Chad) almost lit the neighbors straw bed on fire when he THREW a firework in the air! He had to rush over and stomp it out! What's with you firefighters and fire anyway!? Then the boys got into the action and decided that one of their Lego action figures had to die for "the cause" so they proceeded to light him up (with the help from dad and Chad) until he was burnt to a crisp. I swear, it must be a guy thing.

This past Saturday Phil and I had our date night. We ended up going to Atlantic Seafood which was very tasty, although the decor definitely needs to be updated (I know, picky huh?)...ok, now I'm going to rant for a bit regarding fine dining....I was under the assumption (and you know what assuming does) that if you go to a restaurant that requires reservations it's an upscale establishment, correct? So when/how did it become acceptable for these "fine dining" establishments to not require a proper dress code!? I really look forward to getting dressed up every other weekend to go to a fancy dinner with my husband but every single time I have been disappointed because people show up in jeans, tank tops, flip flops, etc! If you want to dress like that go somewhere else! ok, I'm done.

So now this brings us to present day. I am currently organizing our first homeowner's only meeting which will occur next Friday. This afternoon the boys and I will be passing out the fliers to all the neighbors. Should be interesting. I figured if everyone has so many gripes then they should be willing to meet to figure out solutions, correct? Well we'll see. We (Phil and I) are also in the process of finishing our bedroom FINALLY. We've decided to make the sitting area Phil's office since he'll be working from home more often. We're having Petr (yes, one 'e'), our carpenter, build bookshelves and a desk and put chair rail molding on the other walls. Then I'll finally have to choose a color for the sleeping area and get some new bedding..CAN'T WAIT!

Think that's about it!

No comments: