Friday, December 28, 2007

What a special Christmas

I can't remember a more special Christmas than the one that just passed. We were so lucky to have our family share our first Christmas in our new home. Mom, dad, Lyla, and Cody arrived on Friday afternoon. For dinner we had shrimp casserole then hung out and played with the little man. The next morning dad and Phil left at 5am for their fishing trip and didn't get back home until 6:30pm! Phew, what a day! And all that time they caught 1 striper and 1 large mouth bass. Hey, at least they got to fish at all! We were worried the lakes would be too low so I'm glad they got the chance. That night mom made gumbo and my my my it was delicious! Later that night Robby's flight arrived around 8:30 and Lyla and I drove down to the airport to pick him up. By the time we got back home everyone had already crashed for the night..we proceeded to stay up till 1Am hanging out and catching up. It's always so nice to just hang with my brother. We haven't had a chance in years to do that.

Sunday morning was "Christmas" morning. Dad played Santa with Cody on his lap until big Phil took over the job of handing out the presents. Mom bought Cody a great tickle me Elmo that all of us enjoyed watching, although Cody was a bit scared. After presents the guys hung out and kept the kids while the ladies (me, mom, and Lyla) went SHOPPING! WOOHOO


No comments: