Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 2 - Saturday - San Francisco

Well since I'm still on ET I was up and ready to go at 7am PT (which is really 10am MY time) on Saturday morning...needless to say, Phil wasn't too happy but he was a good sport. :-) Our 1st adventure began when we realized that in order to get to the Golden Gate Bridge you actually have to drive through the center of SF, there is no highway around the city. It took us, I would guess, a good 45 minutes to get through the city and to the bridge. Once we got that out of the way it was smooth sailing to our first destination, Muir Woods, where the redwood trees are. On our way we stopped for breakfast at the DipSea, a great restaurant on the north side of Sausolito that looks much smaller on the outside than it actually is inside. It was very cozy, had a nice atmosphere, and tasty food. We then proceeded on to the park, spent a few hours in the drizzling rain, and walked about 2 miles through the redwoods. It was an amazing sight and I'm sure the pictures I add on to the blog when I return will never do it justice. Around noon, after we decided we had had enough of the rain, we drove to Sonoma and visited Viansa Winery & Italian Market, Gloria Ferrer Champagne Caves, the Olive Oil Company, Buena Vista Winery, Sebastiani Vineyards & Winery, and Ravenswood Winery. I had tastings at Sebastiani and Ravenswood. Since Phil doesn't drink wine he seemed happy being my DD...thanks honey! Sonoma was nothing like I thought it would be. I guess I pictured something like Tuscany and to see the Vineyards surrounded by older homes in almost a neighborhood setting was off to me. Unfortunate for us also was the fact that the weather kept getting worse and worse as the day went on. Later that evening after we had gone back to the hotel to clean up we met Al and Jacqueline for dinner at the Elephant Bar in Burlingame. We always have such a great time with them. We all agreed that another Vegas trip is in the near future..JG, let's start planning! Oh yea, and we saw some guy who plays for the 49'ers but I couldn't begin to tell you who he was. That's all folks! Here are some pictures from Day 2:







No comments: